Message from the Ambassador
The tourist visa is granted to those who want to visit the country for leisure or non-lucrative activities such as: cultural, artistic or scientific activities. This visa is valid for one year, multiple entries and allows the visitor to stay in the country for up to ninety (90) days, extendable once for the same period of time at the discretion of SAIME (Administrative Service of Identification, and Migration Affairs).
Tourists and cruise ship passengers using the DEX-2 Tourist Card offered by airlines authorized by the relevant Venezuelan authorities are exempt from this rule. The DEX-2 Tourist Card is valid for ninety (90) non-extendable days and is for single entry use.
See the list of DEX-2 Tourist Card beneficiary countries (download the document here*2).
REQUIREMENTS FOR A TOURIST VISA:
• Valid passport with an expiry date of no less than six (6) months.
• Copy of a valid identification document, other than passport
• Completed visa request form (download the form here*15).
• Document proving residency in Japan.
• A reference letter issued by a banking institution that certifies the applicant’s good standing and the date he opened his account. (Bank statement)
• Job reference-
• Two color photographs, with white background size 3×4 cms.(passport size)
– Payment of the consular fee 30 USD, equivalent in yens